Pink Letter J

Monday, November 5, 2012

Why You Should Paint Your Nails

To be honest, I am guilty of laughing at a girly-girl going on and on about how money was tight and she needed to cut everything out but... her nail salon appointment. What?! How could that possibly be such an important part of your life that you would forgo healthy food, gym memberships, etc. but not cut out your nail appointment?

I was flabbergasted. But today, I'm starting to turn a new leaf. I have had the pleasure and luxury of going to get my nails done twice in the last 3 months and I must admit that I may be becoming a fan of this pasttime. For the record, I know that this IS luxury and is certainly something that should be cut from my budget if it looked like it must be necessary, but it provides such a relaxing experience and the result is an extra level of polish with your style.

A good pedicure will run you between $20 - $35, depending on your level of service. Maybe I'm getting older, or maybe I need better shoes, but those foot massages seem to do wonders to make my feet feel like new. A good manicure could only run you $10, more if you want acrylics or other treatments such as shellac or gel polish. These treatments will give you a longer lasting finish. I have yet to try these treatments. But the $10 manicure really makes my look pop, and all done with 100% less frustration than when I try to paint my nails myself.

Needless to say, I am now an advocate of a good manicure and pedicure and the confidence lift it can give. Next time you're considering purchasing a new outfit for an event, consider a new nail look instead. It will provide relaxing benefits through the massage that typically accompany it, and you don't have yet another piece of clothing to fill your closet. It's a great boost for no more than $50.



I am absolutely loving the grey nail trend...

Pink!

White...

Which color is your favorite?

No comments:

Post a Comment