Pink Letter J

Monday, October 29, 2012

Comfortable Shoes

I forgot to mention an important shopping event that also happened whilst on the aforementioned New York gallant. And it has to do with COMFORT. Style is all well and dandy, I like it very much. In fact, my closet can attest to my many "misses" when it comes to focusing too much on style, sacrificing comfort, and ultimately finding no real use for the beautiful yet useless piece in the long run.

While planning my trip to New York I knew I would be walking a lot. But, I failed to realize that I would be walking A WHOLE LOT. To me, a lot of walking includes a few miles. But a typical day in New York you can find yourself walking 5 - 10 possibly event 15 miles! Just getting around from place to place, its amazing! (For your figure that is, not your poor feet!)

So, I thought I had planned properly for this event and traveled light to boot by bringing the following: One pair of black riding style boots, One pair of WEDGES for a night out (because of course the wedges are MUCH more practical than a normal pair of heels... under 2 miles ONLY. More than that and you are wanting to chuck those adorable wedges into the nearest garbage bin.), and a pair of flats with peep toes. Oh how wrong I was. The bronze peep toe Arturo Chang flats seemed like a great pick but I hadn't had a chance to wear them long enough. They seemed comfortable in the short run but I did not attest for blisters. After about 6 hours going to and fro around New York these adorable shoes and morphed into the worst enemy. Off to the store we go!

Since my suitcase and boots were hours away via subway, the best option other than sitting home all Saturday in New York was to drop by the closest shop and hunt me down some more comfortable shoes. Now first let me mention, I am already quite indecisive. I typically overthink my purchasing to the point of deciding I want nothing, storming out, only to regret (or be thankful) for my lack of perseverance  But in this case, I was absolutely leaving with a new pair of shoes.

10 tried on shoes later, I ultimately decided upon a pair of short red booties with only a short heel. Tadah!



They weren't my first choice (which were close to the same style but a little sleeker and a lighter tan, but they didn't have my size... *sigh*) So these fun little red booties are now mine and in only 5 minutes later while on a Subway ride to our next stop of the night these babies were on my feet, swaddling them in soft leather and stopping the blisters from ruining my life! So thanks, Aldo for my new pair of shoes, I'm excited to see how they will fit into my wardrobe and need some ideas!


No comments:

Post a Comment