Pink Letter J

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

What is it about blazers?

J.Crew
I have been a fan of blazers for as long as I can remember. As early as Jr High, you could find me at the thrift store looking through decades old clothing. But I wasn't looking at vintage dresses or blouses or purses for that matter, you could find me in the menswsear department, or little boys clothing area, browsing through hundreds of once loved blazers. The boys blazers gave a great shrunken look that I usually went for, oftentimes tweed, and if I'm lucky, with details like leather patches on the elbows.

I'm not sure when it struck me, but blazers are one of my favorite things to wear. I feel like they give instant polish to nearly any outfit. They take a casual worn out t-shirt from drabby to fashionable. They help me feel put together, and professional, and I just feel better in them.

Thankfully, I have finally upgraded from my $5 a jacket days and have been able to invest in a (finally) properly fitted jacket from J.Crew in the last year. I'm sure I've said it before, but if you're not yet aware, I am tall. Not basketball player tall, but undeniably tall, and finding clothing that fits me properly has always been an issue, especially when it comes to workwear (aka suits).

So I was thrilled to find J.Crew's tall collection and have worn my black work suit nearly once a week since I've gotten it and have absolutely loved it. I might have loved my tweed shrunken blazers before, but a jacket that actually hits all the way to my wrist, hits me proportionally below the waist, and even has a convenient pocket for my phone and lipstick? It's a match made in heaven.

If you've never been a suit person, or a blazer person, I recommend it. And today you can find blazers of all shapes, colors, casual wear to business wear, and all price points. If you're looking for an item to round out your closet, pick a blazer!

No comments:

Post a Comment