Pink Letter J

Saturday, June 8, 2013

The maze

I often struggle with deciding what I should be aspiring to, focusing on, and working towards. But then I get distracted with the idea that, perhaps, I need to slow down and stop focusing on the future. As you can imagine, it is a frustrating place to be. I can't be the only one, though. Right?

How does anyone know what they should be doing? Of if they're going in the right direction? Or if a purchase is the right one? Or if a new job is the right idea? Etc., etc....

We are constantly being bombarded with often complex and conflicting paradigms, opinions, and advice from friends, family, and media that are means to guide us in our lives. But the truth is, those people also don't know it all. They dont' know all the answers. None of us do. And if God knows, it would be nice to get a roadmap, but he doesn't seem to work that way.

When it comes to life, sometimes it seems like we are simply rats in a maze, but we can't get the big picture. Ever.  We can only know what was behind us, we can only see what is around us, but we will never know what lies before us. All we can do is keep moving forward.

I suppose I struggle with this idea that I just can't ever be prepared for what lies ahead because there is no way to  know what lies ahead. I can't prepare, I can't know if the path will make me happier, I won't know if I'm making the right decisions or not. But maybe thats the point. If we always knew where we were heading then we would just be focused on that point, and not where we are now.

Perhaps the right course of action is to just enjoy the maze...

No comments:

Post a Comment