Pink Letter J

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Becoming More Thankful

Life is hard.

Well, thankfully, not ALWAYS, but some days, that's all I can feel like I really know, "Life is hard." Recently I've been noticing how some days I've been more melancholy and touchy than others. Its not necessarily something new, but I do seem to feel like its something I should work on.

In some article, somewhere, (if you know it please share), I read advice for trying to sleep at night (something I have always struggled with). The tip that stuck out besides you typical "night time routine" and "warm milk" gibber-jabber, was the tip to focus on what you are thankful for when your mind starts running.

Basically, when you find yourself laying in bed and unable to sleep, you should start listing all of the things you are thankful for, and I thank God for them, but that part is up to you. My list usually goes something like this...

"God, than you for my doggie, thank you for my beau being so great, thank you for my health, thank you for my loving family, thank you for the clothes I do have, thank you for my safety, thank you for my job..."

And the next thing you know, I'm asleep!

This exercise is great to help my sleep but I've also found it has some other great side effects as well. Most of all being that I find myself in general being more thankful because I am focusing on the good things in my life. It helps to reduce stress because it helps put the little things into perspective. Being thankful is a powerful tool to help you lead a happier life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment