Pink Letter J

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Dinner: A Love Story - Master the Weekly Shop



Dinner: A Love Story - Master the Weekly Shop
I really like this article on Refinery 29! It touches on one of my 2014 resolutions of learning how to cook and maintain a kitchen. To a (nearly) new wife it seems a little overwhelming to take on everything cooking and recipe collecting entails when most of your food has come from a can or a waiter's hand for most of your life. I liked her rules, especially number three: Keep it Simple. I like simple! And she had this great tip that seems do-able for me. Plan on one of these each week:
"One brand new dinner (so I am constantly expanding the repertoire; this week it will be one of these). One old stand-by (this can be your aunt’s chili, your signature chicken, whatever you can make without a recipe). One that just barely qualifies as home-cooked (our example of this is either sausages and baked beans or pre-made organic beef burgers with a tomato and mozzarella salad)"

No comments:

Post a Comment