Pink Letter J

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Find Your Passion With These 8 Thought-Provoking Questions | Co.Design | business + design


ARTICLE: Find Your Passion With These 8 Thought-Provoking Questions | Co.Design | business + design
“To launch ourselves anew, we need to get out of our heads,” she says. “We need to act.” That means devising a series of trials and errors: Ibarra advises looking for temporary assignments, outside contracts, advisory work, and moonlighting to get experience or build skills in new industries; executive programs, sabbaticals, and extended vacations also can be valuable in providing opportunities to experiment. She concludes, “We learn who we are--in practice, not in theory--by testing reality.”
 I'm still searching for meaning and searching for purpose. This article by Warren Berger has lots of great advice to help you find your passion. I like where he suggests analyzing what you loved to do as a child and to re-examine that for a possible career path.

If that were to be me, it would be making jewelry, painting, drawing, photography, playing on computers and making web pages, and always learning. I always had an insatiable hunger for new experiences and new information. I used to browse libraries just for fun, build websites to impress my friends and share my photos, and spend hours building a beaded necklace or creating some other craft.

Why does college have to get us so distracted? I mistakenly chose my major based on a future career income I found in a report of some kind. Not based on what I loved to do. I needed a Return On Investment (or so I thought) instead of an opportunity to expand my already existent interests.

Anyways, I'm still on the journey. Check out the article though, great advice for anyone looking for direction or insight!

No comments:

Post a Comment