Pink Letter J

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

The Science of Happiness

The Science of Happiness

"People that want to live a more fulfilling life should quit reading self-help books and start helping others." Winston Churchill was quoted as saying, "We make a living by what we get. But we make a life by what we give."

Ouch. This quote really got me. And this article is really great, by the way. But I look inward so much I think this really hit me that I need to start reaching out. That there's only so much inward searching you can go before you find out that you're going in circles. I keep thinking I can find my passion inside, that I need more research, or that at some point everything will just make sense. But the truth is, what makes sense is that we're put on this earth to help others. We're also here to DO things and make a difference. Inward reflection is noble, but outward actions are what will make you the person you want to be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment