Pink Letter J

Sunday, January 5, 2014

2014 Resolutions

Every year I think I come up with resolutions but at some point in those 365 days I seem to forget about them and/or misplace where I had them. Well, this year I'm posting them here so I can come back to it and find it...

1. Make my house a home. J+ and I bought a home mid 2013 but with me going back to school and us trying to save for the wedding we made a promise that we would try our best to ignore making any unnecessary changes in the house. So we've made it this far and have kept our promise but boy are we ready to make it our home. It still needs paint on the walls that we like, basic decorations, and other "settling in" types of changes. It's OK for now, but we can't wait to make it right for us.

2. Get an exercise routine that I can stick with. I do a little here, I do a little there, but I have never been able to keep a consistent exercise schedule, ever. I've been "all about" classes that lasts for 2 weeks, online classes that I do once then forget about, at-home videos I will do a few times before I forget about them, and even running around the neighborhood which is erratic at best. I want to have a reasonable schedule that pushes me enough each week to keep me feeling fit, healthy, and happy.

3. Make nutrition a part of everyday life. I have a tendency to forget about those colorful fruits and vegetables and how much I love salad. This year I want to renew my love for the fresher things in life and make healthy eating a priority. Through more common visits to the grocery store and farmer's market, healthier choices at restaurant, and meal planning, I think 2014 can be my healthiest year yet.

4. Make my wardrobe work for me. For most of my life, I've been a student. Therefore, it's been easy to deny myself fancy clothes and what I really want for book and tuition, etc. It's superficial anyways but I do want to feel more comfortable in my clothes and to feel like they truly reflect my personality. I don't expect to have a ton of money, but I think if I am smart about my money I can get a few items to help my wardrobe come back to life.

5. Save and pay off debt. I've been paying my way through grad school with cash the past three years and finally I can say I don't have any new costs to pay to the college. However, from undergrad I have plenty of student loans to pay off. I want to finally develop a good budget that can help me pay off my student loans and start saving for J+ and mine's future.

I think that's plenty to go off of. Now its just time to make some plans and make them happen. I can't wait to get to focus on my family and my home in 2014! 

No comments:

Post a Comment