Pink Letter J

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Natural Remedies and Health Benefits



I've always been a little suspicious of the effects of over-medication. My whole life I've seen family, friends, and even myself rely on pills for health. Might it be a cold, flu, stomach ache, or something mor serious. But more often than not, one sickness was followed by another, or a resulting side effects required more pills... and thus a vicious cycle began of high cost doctor and pharmacy bills...

Also, with my travels and nutrition courses I learned a lot about how a holistic approach to health, everything in moderation, and a focus on nutritious foods can make a huge positive difference in your health and quality of life. In America, a bit part of our issues with disease and illness stem from a lack of proper food education and healthy food access. Even our children can't even avoid over processed, non-nutritious, and over sugary/salty foods. They're everywhere. And if you do decide to pay for this "organic" life you will typically be spending a lot of money at fancy health stores.

Anyways, I've never taken a strong approach either totally organic or vegan or anything like that. But I do try to make small choices every day towards healthy living and hope they add up without too much sacrifice. As I get older, however, I'm realizing more and more the importance of keeping up my fruit/veggie/water intake. Otherwise I just feel sluggish or low energy all day.

Even though I do try to be healthy, I know there are many more things I could do to be more healthy. If you're also considering upping your health education, here is a great Pinterest board that seems to be devoted to it:  http://pinterest.com/monio/books/ and a DVD you could buy with access to a ton of books and resources I wanted to keep handy: http://homesteadingsurvivalism.myshopify.com/products/herbal-remedies-cures-herbs-plant-medicine-76-books-dvd-rom

Any other tips, resources, advice you know about being healthy?

No comments:

Post a Comment