Pink Letter J

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Is this work?

When you're wrong it can be frustrating. Especially when it inconveniences others. Today at work I almost exploded. In general, I've been scrambling because last week I had finals, this week I'm having to completely revamp our monthly reports, and tons of other things are needing to get done... in addition to the rest of the work that is actually the function of my job.

I know I should have a good attitude about work, be thankful for my job, be organized, take care of things, and NOT make mistakes. And I swear, it seems like NO ONE ELSE ever makes mistakes. What in the world?! How is this possible?! Is it just me? (Or am I the only one that overly apologizes and makes a fool of myself for apologizing about events that honestly... I shouldn't be involved in anyways. But I digress.)

Maybe this is the new reality of work. All of our companies, for profit or not, are stretched to the bare minimum due to lowering budgets and expanding responsibilities. We all have more reports, paperwork, hoops to jump through, etc.  But, is this it? Is this what we all slave away for at school for X number of years to prepare for? To look like a fool because of an e-mail that was not CC'd or forwarded properly?

Needless to say, its been a tough week and I'm ready to quit. But I know it won't get me anywhere because I don't even know what I really want yet. I don't even know how I would picture a "perfect day" at work (Which is what lots of career builder sights ask you to do). So, I guess I will enjoy the rest of my bottle of wine and hope for the best for tomorrow. It just seems, sometimes, like there is no true appreciation or satisfaction in the work I'm doing lately.

If you have any tips for staying on top of e-mails or handling situations when things go wrong please share!

No comments:

Post a Comment